Stages shown are:
- Malignant cells are found at the surface, within the epidermis
- Malignant cells fill the epidermis, a few invade the papillary layer
- Malignant cells fill the papillary layer
- Malignant cells invade the reticular layer
- Malignant cells have reached the subcutaneous fatty tissue, satellite cells approach a vein
In the top view, the individual stages of externally visible skin changes are shown, allowing for an assessment according to the 'ABCDE' criteria. The sides of the model show the various levels of invasion into the skin layers and the tumour thickness.
Five original colour illustrations on the base show various types of malignant melanomas.
Mounted on a base.
Size: 14 x 10 x 11.5cm